Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Talk to Me Tuesday!









This week I am showcasing the work of Shari Imbo. What amazes me about Shari is the variety in her work. Check out all of the mediums in which she works. And they’re all fabulous! See more at her web site: www.imbogallery.com
 
Please give us a little background of you as an artist.
I got my BFA from University of Florida. My projects include community pieces such as murals for the City of Chicago and pieces created for Jazzfest, Printer's Row Bookfair, Chicago Symphany Orchestra, Chicago Public Schools, and Latino Film Festival.
 
In what mediums do you work?
Paint, clay, drawing materials such as pastels and charcoal.
 
Which medium is your favorite and why?
Right now I'm working in porcelain and I'm creating sculptural pieces for a series called "Dwellings".
 
Do you try to convey a message with your artwork? If yes, please explain.
I don't have a particular message in my current works. However, they are strongly female/fertility-themed pieces.
 
Who or what inspires you?
My daughter and my husband undoughtedly inspire me 100%.
 
What is your ideal job or commission?
I love being involved with Chicago's diverse communities, and creating artwork that reflects or expresses the personae of a specific culture.
 
What time of day are you most productive?
The early mornings.
 
What is one thing you can't live without?
My family and... my coffee.
 
In what direction do you see your art going in the future?
I'll explore specific cultures and will create works that reflect their characteristics. 

No comments:

Post a Comment