Monday, March 1, 2010

Talk to Me Tuesday!

...on Monday!  I've got a busy week ahead of me, and since I actually have the time now (and the kids are otherwise occupied), I thought I would take advantage of the moment and post my interview with Liz from Elizabeth Gwen Originals a day early. She is another EtsyKids member, and her work is adorable. Check out her shop to see even more cute stuff!

Where do your inspirations come from? 
I am inspired by youth, nature, my children, color, and sometimes I just see a fabric that I love and a design is inspired from that!

What are 3 words that describe your work? 
Bright, Funky, Unique

What are 3 words that describe you? 
Optimistic, silly, adventurous

Do you have a favorite piece from your shop? 
My Ruffle-Rama Dress. I created that design and it is SO fun and twirly!

What’s your most productive time of day? 
When my 22 month old is napping. He keeps me very busy when he is awake. He loves to play and dance!

Where do you see your business in 5 years? 
I would love to have my own independent shop online.  A brick and mortar shop is my dream! I want to start designing my own fabrics too :)

What’s one thing you can’t live without? 
Besides my family? Chocolate!

Anything else you would like us to know? 
I am 31, I have 4 children ages 14, 12, 6, and 22 months. I have 2 boys and 2 girls. My husband was in the Air Force until last summer. He is graduating from law school in May. Depending on where he gets a job we may be moving again, which is very exciting!

We love to hang out together as a family. Being creative s something that my husband and I strongly encourage. We all love to make things. I sew, a lot! My husband is into woodworking. My oldest daughter draws, sews, and makes jewelry. My youngest daughter paints and draws. My oldest son cooks and bakes. The littlest of our crew is just getting into coloring with crayons, and he does a great job!

Links:
My Etsy shop: 

My blog:

3 comments:

  1. What a nice interview and lovely featured items. I love color!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What beautiful Bright colours and how does she have time with 4 kids, a super woman right there :) T.

    ReplyDelete