Friday, May 6, 2011

Kisses for Mother's Day

This week in Storytime Art, I wanted to read “The Kissing Hand,” because I thought it would be perfect for Mother’s Day. But “The Kissing Hand” was checked out at the library. I did find “A Pocket Full of Kisses,” which seems to be the sequel, and also has a loving mother/child relationship. After that, we read “Sylvester and the Magic Pebble” and “Seeing Stars.” All three books had stars in them, and that was a unifying symbol we incorporated into the craft project.

I had little boxes for the girls to paint, and they added a small pebble from Sylvester, stars from all the books, and some Hershy’s Kisses inside from A Pocket Full of Kisses. The original idea was to be a Mother’s Day gift, but I think they may end up keeping them and just sharing a kiss or two!








No comments:

Post a Comment