Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Under the Influence-Weeks 8 & 9





I didn't post last week, because I forgot to bring my camera to class. We studied Georgia O'Keeffe. First the kids made tissue paper flowers. Then they made their own flower pictures using pastels. Above, you can see the pictures my kids did. Since I didn't have my camera, I couldn't capture the other kids' masterpieces. But I did this week.











This week we learned about Paul Cézanne. I set up a fruit still life for the kids to draw. They first drew it in pencil. Then they used crayon to add some color. Next, they used watercolors for more color and texture. The crayon and watercolors worked really well together. I think everyone did a fabulous job!

2 comments:

  1. I am really enjoying seeing all of this amazing art :)

    Thanks for sharing :)

    Glad the teaching is going well :)

    Have a wonderful weekend,

    regards, T.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Rachel, thanks for leaving a comment on my blog :)

    Don't worry about your kids leaving home. I guess I did think about it a bit when they were young because I was a stay at home Mom too. But the reward for me is this year I can take time to take care of me, do some of the things I haven't been able to do and what is great the kids call via webcams once a week and we all really enjoy each others company when we get tog, the hard work does pay off :)

    Regards, T.

    ReplyDelete